Tuesday, September 26, 2006

An Update of My Spending.

I have spent quite alot of money today!

Through research on Cliosport and advice from both Fred from Yozzasport and Miles from the MLOC I have come tho the assumption that the center section of my std exhaust is shot. So to fix the problem I have bought a Blueflame Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust System. It should be delivered soonish. I cant wait to get rid of that annoying noise!

I have also bought a BMC Carbon Fibre Intake with foam cone filter, this will help the 172 breathe more easily.

Cobra has also had another call from me to order some black 3 point harnesses, to go with my sexy seats.

I have spoken to my old VX220 supplier Camskill [see links] to buy some Toyo T1-R tyres for my refurbed Speedline Turini's. I think the Toyo T1-R's are like Marmite - you either love them or hate them. I loved them on my VX, they totally transformed the car from its std Bridgestone Potenza's. I thought that once scrubbed in [takes ages - about 500 miles] they stuck like glue in the wet as well as the dry. They are softish tyres that last about 8/10,000 miles driving normally [which I wont!] I bought some ultra low profile tyres to accommodate my lower stance from the coilovers and to eradicate the sidewall flex that T1-R's are famous for. Tyre size = 195/40/R16. They should be delivered tomorrow.

I opted out of getting ultra sticky tyres such as Yoko A048/Toyo R888/Slicks as hot hatches have a tendency to flip and roll when highly gripped. Im not tracking for timed runs, but for some fun so my T1-R's should suffice!

Andrew at Yozzasport was also very helpful and assisted my order for brakes. I bought seme Brembo brake disks and Ferrodo DS2500 pads suitable for the track. This should make a marked improvement over my current worn setup.

I visited my local boy racer mecca - Halfords - this meant that I bought everything I needed to give the 172 its first mini service by me! Oil filter, chain wrench, 8mm sump key, sump washer, 7 Litres of 10-40 oil, plugs, etc.

I quick browse on Ebay and I found my bank account £60 lighter after ordering some track decals... Shameful I know!

Your probably thinking that I have not done much to the car yet and that I have a million things to sort out. Your right! I have been in work everyday so havent been able to get any jobs done, so I am starting the seats Saturday and have booked off Monday, Thursday, and Friday next week for some good progress.

Hopefully I can update this with some more goodies soon!

PS. Miles from the MLOC has given me a good tip on getting rid of the airbag light - so I will give it a try when I get chance!

2 Comments:

Blogger y0z2a said...

Brakes are on the way to you today sir.

Sorry about the delay - disc delivery was a little late.

/andrew

YozzaSport

11:11 am  
Blogger C Mac said...

Cheers bud.... just saw your post!

9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home