Sunday, September 24, 2006

Good Bye Tow Bar!

The first thing I had to do to the new addition was remove that horrid Tow Bar!

It was not as hard as I though it would be really, but was fiddly.

I had to do the following to get it off:-

1] Jack up the car
2] Remove drivers side wheel
3] Remove all arch liner bolts and the liners
4] Undo all bolts under the arch that the bumper is connected with
5] Undo torx screws that attaches the bumper to the boot/subframe
6] Unclip the Reg plate light
7] Pull off the rear bumper
8] Undo all rusty 17mm bolts that attach the tow bar to the rear subrame
9] It's bloody heavy so drop carefully
10] Disconnect the battery
11] Snip the tow bar power cables and insulate whats left

Then fit everything in reverse.

I can't beleive how many torx fittings that Renault use! After refitting the rear now looks much better.

Whilst being under the car I have found that the previous onwer has fitted brand new braided brake hoses, petrol tank tubes, and other tubing! Good!

Here are some pics of my progress.



  

  

  

  



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your car had a tow bar...WTF!?!

nockmeister

2:19 am  
Blogger y0z2a said...

yeah,

it was owned by a guy who we know.

it was his company car, but I don't recall it having a tow bar on it for very long.

/y0z

12:42 pm  
Blogger C Mac said...

Yep - when I went to pick the car up I was rather shocked to see a tow bar poking out! My initial worry was if it was weilded on - it wasnt thank God!

All off now - its for sale if anyone want one!

9:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home