Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Finally Picked Up The 172 !!!

After a 200 mile trip I finally bought my Renaultsport Clio 172!

It is a great looking example with 12 months MOT, and 62,000 miles. The brake disks are good, although both pads and disks will be changed. The exhaust is good, suspension is good, the tyres look new [although I will be changing with my new Turini's], the bodywork is good with just some stone chips and a ding in the bonnet [nothing a carbon fibre one cant sort out!]. The interior is absolutely mint, with all switchgear working fine - it will be a shame stripping it out.

It also came with some mods:-

Speedline Turini's [Yes I have 2 sets!!!]
Renaultsport Cup Spoiler
Some lowering spring suspension [I had a look under the car and they were definitely aftermarket]
Silver colour coding on the grille

It also came with an unwanted mod!

A tow bar!!!!

I will be removing that ASAP... The bolts are currently being soaked in WD40, If you want it - let me know!


The 172 drove brilliantly! Pulling really hard at 5krpm all the way upto the limiter. Brakes are very good. But compared to my Honda Civic Type R the suspension is too soft, something I wont have to worry about when my coilovers are installed. The clutch was also heavier than the CTR, not a problem though.

It was great driving the 172 in convoy with my CTR. The girlfriend was driving the CTR and said she found it really hard to keep up with me when I was gunning it.

I cant wait to get my grubby hands on her... She looks and drives fantastic now but will be transformed over time to something much more formidable.

Im finally getting somewhere.


I took a couple of very quick snaps.








  

  


Oh no - A towing bar!!!!



  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home