Thursday, September 21, 2006

Im A Naughty Boy - have Bought Some Cobra Imola S Bucket Seats!

Have you ever bought something that in your mind was second best.... then after you bought it you wish you had just spent all you money on the 'best' thing...?

Well that's what I did with the bucket seats I bought earlier [see previous entry]. Even though the seats look fantastic - they never really cut the mustard in my eyes - and I couldn't forget about it. They were too wide and would be hard to fit into the Clio effectively, plus I would love it if they were lighter.

So the solution? Buy some Cobra Imola S bucket seats that have the uprated shell manufactured from a composite Kevlar material.

You can see the full specs on the Cobra Imola S on the following website:-

http://www.cobraseats.com/

I picked them up today.... Wow! Cobra are renowned for their high quality and attention to detail, and that is evident here. Everything is perfect the stitching, the fit, the weave in the shell, the little sticker under the seat giving the date and name of the person who carried out each stage of making the seat, etc.

The most striking thing about the seats are the weight, they weigh hardly anything! Around 5-6kgs!!! The seats are trimmed in my favourite colour - Black with Silver stitching. They really are worth the extra money... as they say "You get what you pay for".

I needed some Cobra sidemounts to fit the seats to the subframes. I had the uprated 5mm Alu sidemounts for extra stability and rigidity. Again Cobra's workmanship is shown here.

However I did run into a problem. I bought the Cobra Clio specific subframes a while ago [see previous entry] which were designed for the Imola S. Although when mating the seats up with the subframes they were about 100mm out!!!! Shocked I rang Cobra who said I needed the adaption bars to fit a sidemounted seat to a subframe - I wish I got told that before! I was still impressed with cobra because they only charged me £40 for them instead of the RRP of at least £60 - Thanks Cobra!


Some blurb from Cobra's website:-

Cobra's composite technology is unsurpassed in providing a seat with unparalleled strength at an unbelievably light weight. The Imola has a five or six point harness facility, Suede Tec grip system, high quality rock fabric and the choice of Diolen or Kevlar shell in two widths, each with a black gel coat finish as standard. This hugely successful seat has attained new levels of specification. All this with Cobra's legendary quality and strength - there are no alternative.

Full Kevlar composite construction lightweight shell
Suede Tec grip system on cushions and wear points
Suitable for all competition use
Full 5/6 point harness facility
Adjustable / removable centre cushions
Upholstered as standard in high quality rock fabric
Outline embroidered badge in Silver on headpad
Sidemounted only to Cobra alloy side mounts
Optional colour coded back (paint code required)
Fully hans compatible



And here are the pics:-



  

  

  

  




  

  

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home