Sunday, September 17, 2006

Steering Wheel

I have another little component for the 172! I have to say this is my favourite so far.

I have bought a OMP Superquadro suede steering wheel with anodised black detailing. I also bought a Clio specific boss so that it will fit straight on. Its really ergonomic to feel in the hand, and very chunky. It is very well made featuring some very nice suede, and nice anodised black metal work in the middle. It came with a horn and OMP sticker to fit in the middle.

If anyone is contemplating changing to an aftermarket steering wheel I would have to suggest getting harnesses with it due to safety reasons.... because you will be ditching the airbag!

That raises another point - airbags. I will need to somehow mask the fact that the car has no airbags as the car will show a light on the dash. There are 2 x ways of doing this:-

1] Take it to a Renault dealer and pay £10 for them to plug a clip computer into the ECU to cancel the error message.

2] Plug a resistor [between 1.8 to 4 ohms]on each of the two airbag wires found in the connector.

I will probably do option 2.

I also need to buy some torx tools as most components inside the Clio are fastened by these including the steering wheel.

Here are some pics:-







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home