Saturday, September 16, 2006

Speedline Turini's

I have bought some Speedline Turini's that came off an '03 Clio 172 Cup. They were very tired and curbed but I got them at a good price. 2 of them even came with some Yokohama rubber, but I wont be needing them [more spares!]. They are noticeably very, very light, perfect for the track - they also have thin spokes to aid brake cooling.

My first job was to take the rubber, valves, and weights off the rims - a visit to my local tyre fitters and £5 lighter I had some very scruffy looking rims!

I then gave them a really good clean as 2 of them were filthy! I then used a sander and some wet and dry to sand down the surface prior to filling and primer, I also had to file down the curbed edges with a metal file. After filling I then primed them all by using a filler primer, I sanded them down using wet and dry prior to leaving them for a couple of days to harden.

Once the finish was nice and hard I then covered the rims in satin black front to back. I used a shocking amount of paint - and applied about 5 layers making sure each one was nice and thin.

Here they are with a nice satin finish:-





They are looking so much better than before!!!

I just need to cover them in lacquer so that they will be protected from the elements. I will post more pics up when they have dried properly and are finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home