Monday, September 18, 2006

Bucket Seats - Now We're Talking!!!!

Even though the Clio 172's seat is very nice, its not really what I want for this car, so I have bought some bucket seats. I got them from a supplier in Nottingham. They are not unlike the Corbeau, Cobra Evolution bucket seats, and have been re-trimmed in a hard-wearing but comfortable blue rock material. The bolstering/padding/cladding is also very substantial which makes sitting in it very snug. They also come with adjustable/replaceable centre cushions. It fits me like a glove - I am medium, toned, build so it could be interesting getting in and out if I was a little bigger! The seats are also designed with side head restraints. They are very light weighing in at around 9kgs each.

To fit these seats I had to buy some Cobra/Corbeau subframes as the Clio 172 does not accept universal subframes due to the unusual floor pan layout. They are made to order and took 2 weeks to arrive, but the quality is unbelievable. The subframes are very sturdy made from thick steel. I also had runners attached which were also very heavy duty and ensure that I can get a perfect driving position. You can however specify for the runners not to be attached so that you can get an ultra low position.

In order to fit the seats safely I need ultra strong nuts and bolts, definitely no B&Q jobbies! After researching on Cliosport I found that Fred from Yozzasport [see links] recommended Trident Racing Supplies for the job [again see links]. So I have just got off the phone from Nick Appleton - TRS's Director, who has just taken my order. They were ultra helpful and very inexpensive. Here is what I ordered:-

8 x Aircraft Standard M8 x 50mm - SKT Cap - 12.9 Grade Strength Bolts - Black.
8 x Nuts.
16 x Washers.

They should do the job nicely!!!

Anyway until next time here's some pics of the seats and subframes. I think they will suit a silver Clio 172!!!??? We'll soon see.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home