Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wheels, Suspension, Induction, and Badges ... Whoa!

Well the car is back and I have had a little play with it - it is fantastic but it understeers slightly. This is due to the front being much lower than the rear and the appearance of positive camber in the front wheels. The adjustable Koni coilovers have a camber adjustment slide so I can temporarily solve this issue! I am also going to lower the rear slightly and raise the front my 20mm.

Adjusting Ride Height and Camber

REAR [lowers car by 5/10mm]

1] Unbolt the bottom damper bolts
2] Jack rear of car up [both sides] and place axle stands in place
3] Pull out springs
4] Unscrew and remove lower spring mount platforms
5] Put spring back in
6] Carefully lower car making sure the springs mate perfectly in place

FRONT

1] Jack up both sides
2] Remove wheels
3] Loosen the two hub/strut bolts
4] Adjust camber accordingly
5] Tighten bolts
6] Mark out current spring plate position
7] Using circlip tool turn the platform to adjust height
8] Once in postion lock the lower platform in place
9] Fit wheels
10] Lower and check ride height


It now sits more level than before, and is now high enough for me to get my ultra low jack under it!

Here are some pics:-


















Upper Rear Strut Washers

Some washers were missed out of my suspension pack. So the weight of the suspension was trying to pull the rubber bush out of the rear strut. I have now fitted some new washers that do the job nicely!







Wheel Re - Refurb!

Due to me not putting on enough lacquer when I refurbed the rims before [see earlier post] some paint has chipped from removing the nuts. Whilst the wheels were off I decided to give them some more paint and lots of lacquer. They are much more smoother now and hard-wearing so should last longer! I also gave my bolts the black touch!

Here are some pics:-










Hillpower Bend Fitting

I finally fitted the hillpower bend. I doubt there will be much increase in engine performance - but tidies up the engine bay nicely.... No more electrical tape!

Some pics:-
















Badges

The 172's badges were very worn - especially on the wheels, so I decided to give them a lick of paint. Not silver - but yellow!

Here are some pics - I havent fitted them on the car yet.



















Yozzasport Exhaust

I finally picked up my Yozzasport exhaust inc decat!!!!

Its so light - I have picked up heavier sandwiches! The wields and build quality is far superior to anything I have seen before [Well I tell a lie - its about the same as the the Spoon N1 Exhaust I had for my CTR - and that was jaw droppingly good!

I have no pics of it yet, I will get some when its on the car.

It will be booked in for fitting in the week [fingers crossed]


Overall a very productive day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home