Monday, December 11, 2006

Dash Off!

I am sick of the SERV light and the AIRBAG light being displayed all the time due to me removing the airbags. I tried replacing the airbags with 3.3 Ohm resistors but this didn't work for some reason!

The only way to get rid of the lights is to take the dash off, remove the binnacle, take it apart, and tape up the LEDs so that they cannot shine through onto the dash plate.

The hardest part was to remove the dash, lots of clips and size 20 torx screws.

Make sure you mark up the position of the needles before popping them off the binnacle as you will need them to be in the correct position for an accurate readout. Incidentally my speedo is 5mph out due to me not following the above procedure! Dash off again for me to recalibrate it tomorrow! Doh!!!!

Some pics:-



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home