Saturday, December 02, 2006

The 172 Sound Tested.

First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to Scotto from the MLOC [see links] who loaned me his DB tester.

I had a few issues testing it as I had it on the wrong setting it read:-


Idle:- 98dbs

4,500rpm:- 106dbs


That would mean I would be banned from every track in the UK!!!! A mate of mine has a TVR Tuscan with aftermarket exhaust which is very loud and he had it tested dead on 98dbs so I know mine is under that.

After fiddling with the settings I finally got it to read more realistic figures.


The Official Figures Are:-


Idle:- 81dbs

4,500rpm:- 96dbs


I can at lest book track days with confidence that I will not be turned away now!

The testing was done conforming to the official rules:-

3/4 rev range
0.5 meters from exhaust tip
45 degree angle from exhaust tip





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home