Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Heater Woes......

I have had an annoying problem occur on my track beastie. Intermittently the
fan stopped working in the heating system. It would work firstly when driving
the car - but would give up after a while and would not come back on. Not
good at this time of year!!!

Initially I thought it was to do with me having Yozzasport to remove the
aircon to save weight and power off the belts - but it has worked
faultlessly since the project was completed, so nothing to do with that.

I thought this would a good excuse to get a heated racing windscreen, shame
its just after Xmas!

After researching the Cliosport website, and chatting to a couple of guys on
there I decided that either the resistor pack had gone [£85+] or the
motor/fan had blown [£120+]. Not cheap.

The fix cost me £0 as it was a connection/sticking motor issue.

What I did:-

1] Lift up bonnet
2] Remove scuttle panel - drivers side [remove the plastic lugs]
3] Remove and clean out all connections
4] Undo hex screws so that you can pull the motor out a bit
5] Clean and reconnect the connection under the motor
6] Give the motor a few taps with a light hammer incase it is sticking
7] Reconnect all connections
8] Use Vaseline around all connection, together with a spray of WD40 to
eliminate moisture.
9] Replace scuttle panel, and replace lugs. Make sure the scuttle panels lip
is flush with the windscreen. I used Vaseline under the lip to aid
protection from water.

Some pics of the scuttle panel area:-

Resistor Pack






Motor Fan [underneath wiring]






Heating System








The weather is horrendous at the moment so I have hardly used the 172... I
am waiting for things to get better before booking any more track days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hamrash said...

Free Ads For Bloggers
Bloggers Circle


A Small Idea from a Blogger.Need Free Visitors visitors to your site?. Just test this. Place a link of my site to your blog. In return I will Place your Blog in our Directory & Random Link Button. ie You will get 2+FREE Visitors. By this both of us get visitors. Check this live at my site.
Free Ads For Bloggers

More over Are interested in making money by running ads in your blog like me?. If so check out the below links.
Click Here To Join Agloco-Recommended
Make money from your Website or Blog
Xpress Money
Earn Now
0.5$ per Click Under Affiliate Cash
Earn Income with your website

NB:
Watch what pisstakers.com says about us
My Last week Earnings

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home