Friday, November 10, 2006

Air Intake Re-modification and Grill Refurbing

The car came back from Yozza with a very large diameter air intake feed. This is so large that it doesnt fit down the passenger side cavity behind the headlamp to suck in cold air. The plenum has been removed so that the big thick tubing cam be fed to the large gap on driver side grill above the alternator. It doesnt absorb any heat from the engine or radiator due to the thick material used for the tubing... its the same sort of stuff made for the Clio Cup Racers brake ducts. It does however have no direction for the air to be sucked in - so sucks air from the engine bay when the car is either in standstill or moving slowly.

I have therefore modded it so that it has a 90 degree bend on the end of it pointing it directly to the large gap in the grill. This works much better than before.... I'm very happy with it.

Before:-






After:-




















As the grill was removed for the above work I thought I would refurb it as it was very tatty, and the colour coding was not to my taste.

Here are some pics:- [I will update the blog when I fit it to the car, the paint is currently hardening]
















The 172 is going in for its tracking tomorrow morning. I had to book it into a garage which has a pit because every other garage refused to work on it as its too low!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home